Queries

Discussion in 'CP3' started by yogesh167, Mar 25, 2020.

1. yogesh167

yogesh167 Member

Hello
    I have a few queries regarding CP3 exam:

1. Is it fine to use the sentences in our answer same as the one given in the scenario material ? I often do that, is it acceptable or not?

2. Do we lose marks for using 'possible jargons' in our answer as well?

3. Sep 2018 - Is 'mortgage cover' a Jargon?

Thanks in advance

2. Simon James

Simon James ActEd Tutor Staff Member

1. Is it fine to use the sentences in our answer same as the one given in the scenario material ? I often do that, is it acceptable or not?

No - you should never simply copy from the scenario or exam paper. It is highly unlikely that that sentence was written for your audience.

2. Do we lose marks for using 'possible jargons' in our answer as well?

It depends on how you use it and the context (that's why it is "possible" jargon)

3. Sep 2018 - Is 'mortgage cover' a Jargon?

Yes. (IMHO)

3. yogesh167

yogesh167 Member

Thanks a lot Simon, this makes sense.

I have another question. there are two types of Jargon - definitely a jargon and maybe a jargon.
    So can we use both of them for justifying the exclusion of jargon under reflective question (q2)?

Also, under 'exclude jargon' reflective question, can we use any jargon from advance material or exam paper even it does not have any relevance with our solution in q1?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2020
  4. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Yogesh

The reflective question is not set in stone, so I would make sure you read Q2 properly for any guidance on what they're after. If you're choosing jargon that you avoided, it makes sense to choose something that would definitely be jargon so that you have a more convincing argument - it should be easier to justify its exclusion.

For your second question, yes, I would imagine that any jargon from either the advance material or the exam paper would be good ones to choose. But again, read Q2 closely to see whether there is any further indication of what they're after.

Ian