Q&A Bank - Section 7

Discussion in 'SA3' started by Basic Chain Ladder, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Just had a look throught Section 7 of the Q&A bank. Both exam style questions are about valuing an insurance company for sale. Just wondering do Acted tutors know something we don't :D

Or is it just that both are totally valid SA3 exam questions and the topic hasn't been seen on a 403/SA3 exam for a while? :rolleyes:

2. NeedToQualify

NeedToQualify Member

I wish they did. If you compare the study material and the Q&As with the exam papers you will see that they fail to touch sufficiently the most repetitive topic that appears in the exams. Calculation questions which involve consideration of exposure.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2008
  3. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

I wish we did too!! Sadly, we have no greater idea of what's coming up than you do.

You're quite right about exposure calcs being examined a lot recently. This is something I cover more in the SA3 tutorials as a result (although it's really only ST3 knowledge). To be fair, though, it's only usually a small part of any larger question. When we're writing next year's course material, it's certainly something we'll look at.