Q&A Bank Q5.10 - Help!

Discussion in 'CT4' started by Jooser, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Jooser

Jooser Member

Hi, seeking a bit of clarification please.

In part (ii), not sure if my understanding is correct. If we look at Member number 7, they join the investigation at 1.5.05 and leave the investigation (die) at 30.11.06. I think that the duration at death should be 1y7mths, not 2y7m, as shown in the model solution. Can somebody please explain if the model solution is wrong, or where my understanding is wrong.

This obviously follows through into part (iii), as it looks as if member 7 is contributing to the exposed to risk at age 67, whereas I think that (as the member becomes 67 in 1.5.07, after the end of the investigation) they should not be included in the exposed to risk.

Would appreciate some explanation.

Thanks.

Jooser

2. John Potter

John Potter ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Q&a 5.10

Hi Jooser,

I think your understanding seems to be spot on, sorry for the confusion. It is our current interpretation of the Gregorian calendar that needs explanation, not your understanding! :)

I think we just need to change the question to say 1 May 2004 and everyone is happy (including Gregory!),

Good luck!
    John

3. Jooser

Jooser Member

Thank you for your reply - glad I am starting to understand at least some of the course!:)

4. Aislinn

Aislinn Member

Thank you for clearing that up, I've just spent the last hour trying to think what I could be missing!! Can I just check also in part (ii) for member 8, should the time from 1 Jan 2006 - 31 December 2006 not be 1 yr, the soln says 2 yrs.

5. Looks like it to me!