Project L3: Assurance

Discussion in 'CA2' started by superbim, Sep 4, 2014.

1. superbim

superbim Member

When calculating the qx, ax and Ax, would it have been ok if I assume that all lives would be dead at age 116 therfore all these values should be 1?

I noticed in the calculations that all were 1 except for the Ax, would it have been an issue if I had assumed this to be 1?

Thanks for your help

2. Sarah Byrne

Sarah Byrne ActEd Tutor Staff Member

I can't comment on the specific marking schedule for this specimen assignment.

In terms of general advice - clearly state any assumptions that you make and give a reason for the assumption if necessary. Depending on the impact of your assumptions you might lose marks for accuracy in your results. But, a simpler model will be easier to document and quicker to build so there is a bit of a balancing act to do here.

Good luck for your exam!

Sarah

3. tiger

tiger Member

I think the emphasis with CA2 has swung towards the summary document and audit trail. They don't want to see if you're an excel wizard; so I think your model can be quite basic, but it does need to be complex enough that some meaningful conclusions can be drawn from it.

4. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

For this sample project, would it be ok to have seperate tabs for each scenario calculation?
    I find it more transparent but the model solution does not split them.