Probability for Actuaries.

Discussion in 'CT3' started by bpatra, Jul 16, 2012.

1. bpatra

bpatra Member

Here is a beautiful book,Prob.for actuaries by Marcel B. Finan.This is a free pdf.Though meant for SOA exam-P it covers first two units of CT3.The book is divided into sections like conditional distribution,cond.expectation,joint distribution etc. and each section contains theory, examples,problems;the kind of questions one may expect in CT3.I found this book thoroughly enjoyable and i wish i had this when i started preparing for CT3.My life would have been easier.
    Hope somebody will find this post useful.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
  2. Thanks pbatra

That's very useful for those without a strong stats background and a good ebook for anybody to keep for reference in later exams :)

3. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Just had a look at this and I have to be honest I genuinely do think our StatsPack is much much easier to understand....

4. High91

High91 Member

Hey bpatra,
    Can you pls give me a link of that book.

5. John Lee

I found it here.

6. bpatra

bpatra Member

No doubt statspack is easier but it does not contain many topics like joint distribution,CLT,most questions are straightforward ...On the other hand the book covers all this with a lot of tricky and exam-standard questions.Good for practice and it is free!!

7. John Lee

Yes we only cover the early topics otherwise the size of it would just be enormous. However, contrary to your assertion it does contain 10 years worth of all the Profession's CT3/101/C1 exam questions on those topics in the extra practice questions.