Private tuition - time series and GLMS

Discussion in 'CT6' started by Leila, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Leila

Leila Member

Hi,

I'm re-taking CT6 in April and I am fine with the first part of the course but pretty diabolical on GLMs and especially time series. I would like to have some private tuition but due to the costs involved (and I have to pay as it is a resit) wondered whether anyone else with weaknesses in these areas might like to join?
    I don't want to do a normal tutorial as I don't want to waste my time on the rest of the course which I can do.

I would like to do this as soon as possible and was thinking of a couple of hours/half a day depending on interest?

Regards,
    Leila

2. jayney100

jayney100 Member

tuition

hi leila,

I struggled with the same areas of the course until I went to a tutorial. I found it really useful. The tutors generally concentrate on the areas were most students have problems. In CT6 this is generally the time series area of the course.

After going to the tutorials, I now find this part of the course the easiest. It's a question of practice practice. Have you been to any tutorials for this course?

For GLMs the trick is to make it look like another pdf which when you sum it over the range 0 to infinity sums to 1.

x

3. Anna Bishop

Anna Bishop ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hello Leila

Prices are as follows (as per ActEd brochure):

£91 per hour assuming 1 person
    £53 per hour per person assuming 2 persons
    £48 per hour per person assuming 3 persons
    £43 per hour per person assuming 4 persons

These prices are based on you coming to the ActEd office in Abingdon.

Alternatively, could do the tuition at those prices after a day's teaching in London, say from 5.30pm. Possible dates are:

29th Jan or 2nd Feb at the Mercure Hotel, Southwark
    27th Jan at BPP London Liverpool St
    10th Feb at BPP King's Cross

Suggest you wait for a week or so to see if anyone else shows an interest on this thread.

Anna (AnnaBishop@bpp.com)

4. Cardano

Cardano Member

I'll do it for less

I'll also quote a spread of 0.5-1.5 days until this post is removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2009
  5. Muppet

Muppet Member

6. Leila

Leila Member

Thanks everyone for your ideas.
    I've signed up for the webinars, but decided against a normal tutorial as I can't find a suitable one and I am doing 3 exams this sitting so I really don't want to waste time on the first part of the course.
    Also Jayne has given me hope that you can turn it around and make one of your worst areas your favourite, which will help me get to grips with it!
    Thank you!