PPD Requirements for Fellowship

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Anoushka, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Anoushka

Anoushka Member

Hi, I had a doubt regarding the PPD requirements for attaining Associateship from IFoA. I joined the IFoA after 2nd January 2019, so I would require 15 PPD credits and 4 learning hours to qualify as an Associate. I have cleared all the exams required to qualify as an Associate.
    I started working from last year so I had recorded 5 PPD credits and 2 learning hours in last year. Now, in my second year, how do I take 10 more PPD credits to qualify as Associate? (Learning hours I have managed)
    Also, even if I could take the maximum PPD credits for the year, it would only give me 6 PPD credits (2 under each of the 3 objectives apart from learning). So, how will a person get the required PPD fulfilled in 24 months of work?

Or Does that 15 hours of PPD credits means something else? I have 24 months of work experience which is required to qualify.
    Would be helpful if someone from the ActEd team could guide! Thanks!

2. mavvj

mavvj Ton up Member

What maximum PPD credits per year? There didn't used to be a maximum limit and I can't find one on the website.

Ppan13 likes this.
  3. Ppan13

Ppan13 Very Active Member

3 is the MINIMUM number of credits per year, not maximum per year. See the very bottom of https://www.actuaries.org.uk/system/files/field/document/Objectives and Competencies v2.0.pdf

So to sign off for Associateship (as opposed to Fellowship - which is what you wrote in the thread title), just do 10 credits now on top of the 5 you've already logged, and since you've got the required learning hours and 24 hours work experience, submit via "PPF Final Sign-off" when logged into the IFoA website as a member.