Past papers practice

Discussion in 'CT1' started by MHKKHM, Sep 13, 2016.

1. MHKKHM

MHKKHM Member

I am practicing past papers,
    in my first attempt i have given April2016 exam,
    i attempted all the questions, but made silly mistakes like not reading the question carefully as to what is required to answer and made calculation errors
    however i was able to complete the paper on time but and all the equations i made were correct too. I have scored 48 in that.

In second attempt April2015
    there were no calculation Errors and i read the questions more attentively.
    I have scored 69 in that.

any advice on how to increase the scores and what else can be done?
    moreover what scores should i aim for as of now, to make sure that i pass the EXAM.

2. bystander

bystander Member

We only know April 2016 pass mark for sure - see actuaries pas list. You certainly need more practice. In these attempts did you allow yourself 15 mins reading time because you will now get this. In that I suggest looking at the questions with most data and do things like set out timelines and details needed. Was there any consistency on topics you lost most marks on? This can show weakness you need to focus on. In the examiners report if it mentions qns which scored poorly how did you do? In case of calculation slips in the exam make sure your audit trail is clear to pick I method marks. Always be aware whether your answers are reasonable as this can help you spot slips. Do you have to look up formulae? Try not to to save time although timing doesn't appear a weakness in what you say. There is no such thing as a guarantee of success. Just give every question your best shot. The more you score the better your chance - obviously!

John Lee likes this.