Pass Mark

Discussion in 'Practice modules' started by OneTwoThreeFour, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Does anyone have any idea of the pass mark for the practice module (Admins - I'm looking at you in particular here :) )? I realise it'll probably change for each sitting but a rough idea would do.

I'm using the ActEd PM multi-choice online questions and it would be useful to know how I'm doing. e.g. is 15 out of 25 a pass or a fail?

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

As the Profession isn't publishing the pass marks - we don't know for sure. However, it was rumoured about a year ago that the pass mark would be around 80%. (They may have revised this downwards, following students' performance, amongst other things.) But we still think it's wise to aim for 20/25 or 40/50.

Good luck

3. great - thanks

4. Roark

Roark Member

Hello, this post is a bit old, any updates?

Anybody knows if they did revise the percentage down from 80%?

5. Colin McKee

Colin McKee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Practice Module exams

Hi,
    I dont think we have heard anything since the older post. So its probably STILL wise to aim for 20 out of 25 (or 40 out of 50) if you can.

6. Pilate

Pilate Member

Whilst I agree with Colin above the 40 still seems a good mark to aim for, I would add one caveat to that.

I took the Practice Module last month and found myself a little bit anxious part way through, as there seemed to be a good number of the questions, (particularly in the P2 part where my SA2 knowledge was probably rustier than it ideally should have been), where I wasn't sure, and this seemed to be more than the five 'tolerance' I was allowed for that half of the exam.

However, I found out today that I passed this module.

So whilst obviously the best study strategy is to read the course and revise thoroughly, I wouldn't get too concerned in the exam if you seem to be falling a bit below the 40/50 mark: it may be the mark is a tad lower, and in any case, the calmer you can be, the more chance you have of sneaking the necessary marks.

Good luck everyone.