Pass mark

Discussion in 'CT4' started by pmsansom, Apr 2, 2008.

1. pmsansom

pmsansom Member

Last time i was one of the 73% of people that didn't pass CT4, fingers crossed I make a better go of it this time.

Just wondering though, does anybody have a rough idea of what the pass mark will be?

I know we'll never know for definite but any ball park figures may give me something to aim for.

Cheers

2. John Potter

John Potter ActEd Tutor Staff Member

CT4 Pass mark

Pmsansom,

Honest opinion... aiming for the pass mark is the best first step to take towards getting an FA. Why aren't you aiming for 90 to 100%? :confused:

My best guess based on reconciling what I see in tutorials with the pass rates is a 60% pass mark. Let's say I'm right, what are you going to do by knowing this? Sorry to sound harsh but I really want to help and I don't think I would be doing so by wrapping this in cotton wool.

In terms of getting a feel for the finishing line, read the Examiners' reports - they are very helpful in Subject CT4 - much is written about the mistakes students are making, I find them helpful for explaining why the pass rate is so low. Are you making the same mistakes as you practise the past papers? If so, stop making them! If not, good, you can start to see yourself in the elite 27%!

I know from personal experience that it's painful repeating papers you have failed yourself, I do empathise, but the Examiners' report for the Sep 07 paper does explain a little bit about what went wrong - have a look at it,

Good luck!
    John