Pass mark for CT2?

Discussion in 'CT2' started by small&scared, Aug 18, 2006.

1. small&scared

small&scared Member

Hi there,

Does anyone know roughly what the pass marks for CT2 tend to be? I've heard many and varied opinions on the subject, from "they don't fail people in that exam" :confused: to around 70% (as per CT1,3).

Thanks!
    s&s

2. Dha

Dha Member

CT subjects are usually between 55%-70% in my opinion, and CT2 is probably at the upper end of that scale.
    But noone can ever give you a definitive answer. I don't think it does any good to focus on pass marks, cos it's all just speculation really.

3. small&scared

small&scared Member

Thanks for that; just gives me a rough idea of what's expected which is helpful. It's an 'interesting' prospect sitting exams again after years as a research student!

s&s

4. bystander

bystander Member

Just an extra point. I reckon getting say 60% having had a good crack at all qns cf the same but leaving one out gives a better chance of passing if you score is in the 'borderline' where the paper gets scrutinised by the senior examiner.

I've seen it somewhere that you are supposed to show a broad knowledge range (well as broad as the paper requests). Missing one out may 'fail' on that criteria, so don't 'cherry pick' or find yourself running out of time.

Good luck. Hope you get over the first hurdle, but don't be discouraged if not. It does happen. GO FOR IT!

5. small&scared

small&scared Member

Now that's an interesting point; means that I probably used the wrong strategy in April for CT1 (and might be one reason why I failed). It seems slightly different to what I'm used to, from setting exam papers and marking scripts at uni. All part of the exam game, I guess.

Hmmm, thanks for that!
    s&s

6. decrement

decrement Member

I talked to one of the tutors who was an ex examiner and he told me that the pass mark for CT exams is 50-60 with an average of 55. For Ct1 and CT3 it is 55-65. The mark goes up and down according to how much people answered and not how well they done. The marks are also not weighted.

Good luck for Thursday people!