Part 4 Time series

Discussion in 'CT6' started by maryam, Jul 2, 2008.

1. maryam

maryam Member

Can anyone who seem to under stand the time series be able o expalain to me? I have read it twice and i dont even understand anything in there. I have also used the Flash card to supplenet but it seem its just too difficult on its own.
    Maybe anybody knows a text book that actually break this topic down a bit. I am seriously worried about this as I am hooked on this course.

2. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

This is a bit of a broad query! I'm afraid the book that I use costs about £45 and isn't that useful to those approaching the subject for the first time.

The bread and butter of exam questions is calculating the autocovariance fn, ACF and PACF for each of the time series MA, AR and ARMA. So I would recommend systematically working through the MA questions in a row, then doing the AR questions in a row and then finally the ARMA questions in a row.

I have a PDF of old questions (with answers) not available on the Professions website that you are welcome to email me for. As well as a cross reference grid for questions pre-ASET.

So do the MA flashcards then do the MA questions in row, etc.

See if that helps.

3. maryam

maryam Member

Time Series

Dear John,

Thanks for the advice and I think i am doing that already. But if you can send the Pdf materials to me I will really appreciate it.
    thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2008