Paper 2 Project Summary

Discussion in 'CP2' started by ess_kay, Sep 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ess_kay

ess_kay Member

Hello,

My question is regarding the Paper 2. I often see people say that in paper 1 you can get away with an incorrect model as long as the audit trail is correct (i.e. they only penalize once, then it's an error carried forward). Is the same true for the additional calculations in Paper 2? A mistake would obviously affect the results and graphs, so does this mean you'd get no marks for the results section in the project summary?

2. GemmaHayes

GemmaHayes Member

I think it depends on the marker ;) I see they often have upwards of 20% difference (33% of the pass marks) as a difference between marker 1 and 2. Based off SAR results and others comments I think for CP2 that it's likely to be very subjectively marked if you make an error! Hope for the best I guess!;)

3. ess_kay

ess_kay Member

Thanks! I just want some level of confirmation. In the examiner's report for September 2017, it is stated that "credit was given to any reasonable conclusion drawn from the incorrect results", however maybe this was a one-off?

4. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

Hi,
    The overarching principle in CP2 is not about getting the correct answer. In Paper 2, the excel component is worth only 15 marks while the summary is worth 85 marks. Even if you don't get the correct methodology, you can easily pickup of marks such as on next steps (20-25 marks), assumptions, background, methodology, data checks(another 40% perhaps). The conclusion and comments from graph, you can still pick up marks if you have understood the scenario and got the logic - i guess that's the examiner wanted to say.
    Don't panic even if you can't complete the spreadsheet, do something, document it and i guess you will be fine!
    All the best.

KUMAR SUDHEER RAJ and ess_kay like this.
  5. ess_kay

ess_kay Member

Thank you for the clarification!