Oxygen in Exam

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by kazikizi, Jul 11, 2006.

1. kazikizi

kazikizi Member

THIS IS NOT A WIND-UP.
    I am writing the exam in London. For me it isn't a medical reason... it's more a "staying awake in the hot exam room" reason. I am told those exam rooms are not air conditioned. If they don't accept my reason, then I might have to make it a medical reason. I know a few GPs. I don't know why none of you are concerned about this very important issue.

2. i'm sure he's deadly serious and good for him, i say.

anyway, i'm bringing my stash of charlie in with me. my last script corrector thought so little of my theories on safe-guarding chicken farms (don't ask) that he failed my CA1 paper with an FC!! how dare (s)he? i really can't see myself spending this heat wave couped up in my room re-reading two tomes of nonsense that bored me senseless first time around, but i know in my gut i can pass this thing if only i can raise my thoughts on all core application matters to that next level - and i reckon a few sniffs of the white stuff should do the job nicely (lucky this isn't a communications paper; inappropriate use of parentheses - sorry brackets - not to mention the excessive length of this sentence - as well as, of course, the perhaps mildly controversial opinions expressed herein).

but judging by the learned posts above, cocaine would seem to be a much safer alternative to oxygen and if my fellow students were to join me (we are still students after all???), it might do much to lift the oppressive atmosphere in those exam halls.

3. Muppet

Muppet Member

"THIS IS NOT A WIND-UP."

In which case, I suggest to avoid the invigilator, yourself and all your fellow students much disruption on the day, you ask the Institute: examinations*actuaries.org.uk. You're not going to be very popular if you delay proceedings and create a fuss.

Let's hope the heatwave is over by September.

4. kazikizi

kazikizi Member

I have tried emailing the institute, but no reply. I am just going to take a cylinder with me. I can't risk failing.

5. Gareth

Gareth Member

what did you say in your email...please paste a copy here :D

6. King

King Member

To put things in perspective here, I'm correct in saying your not long out of high school and have no degree? You are not sponsored by an employer. You are doing these exams on your own accord and presumably at your own expense?

Additionally, you’ve made multiple posts pertaining to your own use of illegal drugs….. some of which have subsequently been removed by the moderator?

Are you even registered with ActEd? Are you just here to annoy people?

I think ActEd should issue as username and password to this site to students as part of the ‘new student’ registration. Everyone else should be barred – to prevent your sort of , ahem – characteristic digressions being posted.

Kept out the scum.

7. avanbuiten

avanbuiten Member

If it's so dangerous why is it being sold over the internet without a health warning by what looks to be a reputable company?

Maybe an actual tank of O2 could cause some of the problems listed above, but these are only canisters with a limited supply.

I might order them!

I won't bring them to the exam though as I don't want to destroy my professional credibility or be labelled as a weirdo (no offense). Can you imagine an exam hall where all of us are O2-ing during an exam? It would do wonders in convincing the public and other professions that Actuary's are normal well-balanced people. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2006
  8. Gareth

Gareth Member

Bear in mind you can buy guns and drugs from "reputable companies" on the net.

9. I took a cannister of helium into the April exams. It did improve my concentration but I got some funny looks when I asked for more paper.

10. avanbuiten

avanbuiten Member

I've just bought 3 cannisters for £39 inc. delivery.

Will let you know how it goes.

11. Deniese

Deniese Member

are you really going to try it? Let me know if it works!!!

12. avanbuiten

avanbuiten Member

Yes i've really bought it - I am just that sort of person that has to try something for themselves.

Curiosity killed the cat but hopefully not me!

Will update with my appraisal of it as & when.

13. sebb

sebb Member

they sell those things for about £20 a go at oxygen bar in leicester square. total rip off as far as I can see.

14. avanbuiten

avanbuiten Member

The Review

Well the mail man woke me up today at 10 am on my study day. My O2 had arrived!

What better way to test it I thought than while still half asleep?

So I eagerly took a couple of breaths of it - after about 5 seconds my initial thought was "I don't feel any different,....,then after about 15 seconds I feel like "oh hang on I do feel something happening now - kind of like I'm instantly awake and alert."

3 hours later I still feel refreshed - like my lungs are cleaner or something.

As for improving my memory I can't say - but I do feel more focused and clear headed than usual.

My Verdict: Buy it if you can afford it, as it does make you sharper - but don't expect any miracles in terms of enhancing exam performance.

15. Cymro Card

Cymro Card Member

Hmmm, sounds as tho' it will be more useful for getting through a day's work, than for exams!

Although coffee does seem to be a tad cheaper!

Keep us posted if you have a "come down" at all (what goes up must come down, and all that)

16. Deniese

Deniese Member

I am pretty sure that PRO Plus gives the same effect......and I will certainly vouch for that!