Old exams papers and reports

Discussion in 'CT6' started by 9031510, Aug 2, 2010.

1. 9031510

9031510 Member

It seems that the new format of www.actuaries.org.uk removed the old exams papers from 1997 to 2004. can anyone help me with this exams? can anyone downloaded before?:(
    thanks

2. Cardano

Cardano Member

The Institute keep all papers at a library in Oxford. Also they used to sell paper copies of 1994-1996, so I suspect they will sell hard copy of those removed recently.

3. bystander

bystander Member

Be careful going too far back because of syllabus changes. Its really hard sometimes to spot whats still relevant. So start current and work backwards. Remember if you have it the Q&A from ActEd can also give you practise in current areas.

4. learner

learner Member

The 106 examinations covered EBCT and adjustment coefficients, which have recently been added to the CT6 syllabus. In practice, questions on these were not generally set in the ST3 examinations. The I & F libraries should still have copies of the 106 examinations.

5. RyuVI

RyuVI Member

This is disastrous news! Can anyone suggest who we can email to get the papers reinstated? Acted tutors: can you help?

6. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Eek! You're right. This is ironic given that EBCT and adjustment coefficient were tested in 97-04...

Suggest you all email examinations@actuaries.org.uk and ask for (at least) 2000-2004 to be reinstated as it has topics which are very relevant to the current CT6 syllabus.

7. 9031510

9031510 Member

8. John Lee

Just heard back from the Profession. It appears that they will be going back on the site. No word of when or where.

I do suggest that you send in emails as I'm sure it will help speed things along!

9. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

As an alternative to the old papers, you might consider doing the Indian papers, as they have similar objectives. I usually work out the UK papers as a practice before I start with the Indian ones.

10. RyuVI

RyuVI Member

11. John Lee

12. vidish

vidish Member

Old past papers

is there a possibility of getting the past papers and reports before 2000 ?? ;)

13. tatos

tatos Member

Well I asked a while back and apparently you have to purchase them (as in, they're in the Institute's library and they're willing to make copies for you, for a fee)