October 2020

Discussion in 'CP1' started by RedCoat, Oct 7, 2020.

1. RedCoat

RedCoat Member

How did everyone find it? I thought the exams were difficult, particularly on the expenses/Brexit questions for paper 1. What are your initial thoughts on the pass marks?

2. dazz101

dazz101 Member

I found paper 1 challenging in a way that I wasn't entirely sure what some questions were really asking for and as a result I wasted my time and had to rush through the second part of the exam. On the other hand, I found paper 2 much easier which I was surprised about as usually paper 2 is more difficult than paper 1. I felt like some of the questions were asked before to some extent and was able to generate more ideas. But as we all know, certain ideas score more marks etc, so difficult to know how the exam really went.
    I think the pass mark will be in line with the past sittings, so around 55-58.

3. RedCoat

RedCoat Member

Yeah I can't see the pass mark being as high as last time, so would expect 55-56, but who knows with the institute. I agree that it was strange to find paper 2 the easier of the two, but I felt the same!

4. limamichelle

limamichelle Active Member

I found paper 1 far easier than paper 2. With my self score i proab got around 61 in paper one but 52 in paper 2.

I was struggling with trying to understand what to write in Question 1 V, Vi and VII (which was easy in face value). I tackled question 2 first as I thought that was the harder question, but i guess brain fog got to me and i lost some time on question 1 part 5-7 and had to make do with 3 random bullet points for each part.

5. limamichelle

limamichelle Active Member

I got the exact average score I gave myself for the exam and passed. I'm guessing the pass mark was 56, but we will wait for the exam report to find out.

6. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

The pass mark was 55.

limamichelle likes this.