October 2011

Discussion in 'CT4' started by actite, Oct 9, 2011.

1. actite

actite Member

Hello- what were everyone's thoughts on the exam?

Couple of very tricky questions- unfortunately for me those accounted for 30% of the paper!

2. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I'm curious how do you rate this exam in comparison to Apr. 2011?

3. actscibd

actscibd Member

I also found 30% of the October 2011 paper quite challenging.

I think it was on an equal scale of difficulty as compared to April 2011. However, I am really hoping the passing mark would be lowered on this particular exam.

Does anybody know when do the solutions to the questions come out?

4. mattt78

mattt78 Member

The solutions don't come out until the results are out, (or often a week or two after).

I think the papers should be on the instutite web site now though.

5. actscibd

actscibd Member

Yes, the question papers are already posted.

6. OzActuary

OzActuary Member

I found this exam quite difficult. At first inspection I thought it mightn't be too bad but when I started doing some of the questions I found them quite tricky. Question 11 threw me a bit and a few of the 11 mark questions were very tricky. I reckon I might have just about scraped 60% maybe slightly less but not sure if this is enough to pass! I sat CT4 in Sept 2010 however and found that paper much harder (or maybe I just didn't know as much then)! :confused:

7. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I sat CT4 in the spring and run out of time to do the last question. What advice can you give on doing everything in 3 hours?

8. Scotty

Scotty Member

I actually thought this exam was fair, difficult but fair, seeing as how I was dreading it based on past posts. The things that threw me were the amount of marks some questions had as it seemed to take me longer to do those ones, than ones for more marks.

9. Lewin

Lewin Member

This was the most depressing paper ive sat in the CT series.
    I started off well but half way started coming across some major road blocks,The question with calculating FA,s was impossible to me,Icouldnt finish the last part on cox regression question,i got a crazy matrix on the last question that i was not able to work with,im not happy at all with my performance!

10. Bidza

Bidza Member

I found the paper quite difficult.The questions on markov processes through me off course,I wasnt comfortable with those.I just managed to scrap through.Hopefully I did enough to get a pass...praying

11. actscibd

actscibd Member

the last question along with the FA's were quite complicated for me as well. I wonder what the passing grade for this exam will be. Really hoping it is lower than previous years.