Ocotober 2013 Exam

Discussion in 'SP9' started by Busy_Bee4422, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Busy_Bee4422

Busy_Bee4422 Ton up Member

Hi

Just wondering how you all found the paper. I found the paper had a bit of book work but seemed to have lots on stuff which seem to depend on reading widely.

The paper had 9 questions with no 20 something mark question. Was a bit surprised about that. I found it long and did not finish the last question and the last part of question 7.

2. morrisja

morrisja Member

I didn't like the solvency 2 question. Other than that it was a pretty reasonable paper, but not much book work. I think bookwork might have been 20% of the paper at most?

Very little maths as well, I think only the 4 marks on copulas, plus the 2 for explaining the result? Strange considering the guidance was to expect more maths in future papers.

9 questions suited me quite well, it required good timing though because with so many parts (total of 25 subparts/questions) it would be easy to spend too long at one part or another. That said, I wasn't short on time because I was strict on timing.. and I didn't feel like I wrote too little (except for the Solvency 2 question).

There was a lot of marks for issues dealing with models (maybe 20-25%?) and very little that could be solidly tied back to one part of the course or another, or at least I found it that way.

I may revise my opinion come results night..