Nov 2016 exam

Discussion in 'CA3' started by Rocky Flintstone, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Hi,

Is the examiners report for the November 2016 exam due to be published before the February sitting?

Thanks,

RF

2. bystander

bystander Member

The actual exam result is 2 Feb per the professions website so the report should be soon thereafter.

3. JamesCarlyle

JamesCarlyle Member

Hi, I've got my CA3 exam on Tuesday and just did this paper, before I realised there was no examiners report on this! Does anyone know what the 'correct' answer is?

In particular I wasn't sure whether to show "the value of the proposal to the customer". I ended up opting to show the annual saving as well as the saving in year 1 for each proposal, but I think this was a bit complicated. Maybe I should have just shown the annual saving as this corresponds to the "Typical spend for one year" also asked for in the question.

To explain what I'm talking about I have shown the annual saving and saving in year 1 for a 'Low' user under 'Proposal 1' below:

Proposal 1 - $75 off the cost of coffee capsules
    Expected lifetime of machine - 7.5 years

Annual saving = 10 (75/7.5)
    Saving in Year 1 = 75

4. abumenang

abumenang Member

I have emailed the profession to ask but not received a response. Does acted have a model solution they could perhaps share? I wonder why they have uploaded the question and not the answers, seems strange?!

5. bystander

bystander Member

There's always a delay after results. It's nothing unusual. Usually around a week I think

6. abumenang

abumenang Member

Thanks bystander. I am resitting (again!) tomorrow so was hoping to see the solutions for Q1 (Coffee proposal) to compare against my attempt for practice. It does seem pretty complicated so I just hope the paper tomorrow is kinder :oops:

Acted tutors, if you can shed any light on what you see as the key points and suitable graphs for this question, please help. I have two tables, one that summarizes each category of customer & buying habits. The second table summarizes the cost for each category of customer. I have commented on each proposal following that because I am trying to keep it simple. It's a fine line between keeping it simple and not having enough depth though.

Would appreciate any comments, thanks :)