Notes update

Discussion in 'CT3' started by thomasb, Dec 17, 2007.

1. thomasb

thomasb Member

I notice that the corrections to the CT3 2008 notes basically reissue Chapter 5 of the notes - were they really that badly mangled when posted out?

Thomas

2. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Well when the document was converted from word to PDF a whole load of the equations had big black lines all over them (Adobe does that sometimes!) - students showed this to me in the tutorial I said I'd stick up a nice and shiny new version on the web for them.

But no - there aren't any other errors - it's simply a printing thing.

Cheers

3. thomasb

thomasb Member

Thanks John,

My print out looked fine when I scanned through Chapter 5 and I didn't want to waste paper reprinting the chapter unneccessarily.

That's saved a tree or two :)

Thomas

4. chongv

chongv Member

still a couple of errors with the notation in chapter 5, though. like solution 5.23, where it says Mx'(t) instead of Cx'(t).

5. John Lee

Oh poo! You're right - I shall get that fixed and put it in the corrections document when I get a moment!

Thanks for pointing that out.

6. thomasb

thomasb Member

Could you perhaps arrange for the all corrections to be placed before the full reprint of Chapter 5?

That would make it easier for those of us who are happy with our ActEd printouts :)

Thanks,

Thomas

7. Amarantha

Amarantha Member

I can highly recommend latex as a text editor instead of M$Word for anything that includes equations and/or graphics!

If working on a Windows machine, check out WinEdt (www.winedt.com), the best $27 I ever spent! You'll need e.g. MikTex (www.miktex.org) as well, which is free.

8. John Lee

For the equations my version was fine so I didn't know exactly which pages the equations had gone belly up - hence the full reprint. The other error (raised here) is placed before the full reprint as usual.

Cheers

John