Not enough retaker dates

Discussion in 'CA2' started by Iguana, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Iguana

Iguana Member

There are not enough retakers' exam dates made available at all. Is anyone else finding this a problem too?

Worse still, in October there was only one retakers' day available and that was to be held in May 2010. So I booked onto this course as it was the earliest available.

In November, by chance I looked onto the Institute website and they had published another two retakers' days. Guess when they were? January 2010! This is earlier than the one I booked! Had I been offered these earlier dates I would have booked them instead. Why on earth would anyone wait later?

Anyway, I asked to be changed onto them. Then they charged me £30 for a transfer fee! I questioned the applicability seeing that it seems like there is no priority ordering here, so people who booked later than me would have been given the opportunity to take the exam earlier. But the Institute refused to waive the fee saying this is still applicable and that they are doing us a favour of making more dates available.

In fact when I questioned further, it was revealed that the new two days have been made available because the two days were booked for CA3 communications but there weren't enough exam takers for that course. They didn't want to waste the venue and needed to recoup the cost, so they made the two days for CA2 instead.

I demand a refund and waive of that £30 because it is unfair. They need to sort out their priority booking! It's almost like a lottery depending when you log on to their website.

2. I agree that making you pay £30 seems really unfair :( Can't you get your employer to pay it though?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2009