No of Hours required for covering the syllabus!

Discussion in 'CT2' started by evergreen, Dec 28, 2009.

1. evergreen

evergreen Member

Hi! I was just curious to know how much time does it take to go through the entire syllabus for a person who has never studied related material earlier?

The institute provides a raw estimate as 125-150 hrs. Any comments from those who have already passed the exam in recent sittings... Thanks in advance!

2. DevonMatthews

DevonMatthews Member

The material is very comprehensive, so I don't think not having studied it before would put you at any disadvantage. As for time, I would say 150 is a bit extreme for just covering the core reading, i usually progress through at about 1 chapter per day (or 2) at around 2.5 hours per day, so it shouldn't take more than about 50 hours to cover the core reading.

I just recently passed this subject and i feel the reason a lot of people do poorly in this subject is because they just write answers that state the same thing over and over and are too vague. The other 100 hours should be spent practicing questions, and trying to identify the key principles being examined and make yourself clear and to the point. If you read the examiners reports they say time and time again that the weaker candidates always write answers that are too broad and unclear and don’t really demonstrate any real understanding of what is being asked.