No clue at all !!!!!

Discussion in 'CT2' started by theactuary2010, Jun 12, 2007.

1. dear all

I was doing Ct2 questions (Q&A bank)which required constructing a balance sheet and income statement.i was suprised to see comments such as deduct 2marks for a mistake.is this how it is marked in a real exam? Please advice,because i havent got any clue at all.so whats the pass mark and average pass rate for the subject?

curious:eek:

2. bystander

bystander Member

No one really knows how marks are alloacted but it is probably about right. What they do stay is if you then carry that mistake through, you aren't penalised further.

As for pass marks, depends on the paper. These are never published. But just go in there and hoover up as many marks as possible. You can't stop simply because you think you've got enough so does it really matter? To give you an idea of distributions of marks on assignments, these are on this site if you follow the marking route. So you can tell if you are in with or ahead of your competitors. Use cautiously though, as they will reflect a wide range of attempt conditions.

All pass lists are on the actuaries website so you can work the rates out for yourself. Personally, I'd put the effort into gaining knowledge & understanding. That's the secret to pass.

3. thanx for the advice.

4. Muppet

Muppet Member

from what I've picked up, expect the pass mark on CT2 to be around 55%. but you want to be aiming alot higher than that to be on the safe side.

5. Olfin Bedwere

Olfin Bedwere Member

For the record, only 44% of entrants passed the CT2 exam in April 2007.

Does this strike anyone else as surprisingly low?

6. Avviey

Avviey Member

Yes. I was surprised to see the rate then.