New Exam System

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by andrewpet, Jul 12, 2023.

1. andrewpet

andrewpet Keen member

Hello everyone,

Hope you are well and congrats to those pass this time round.

Lately, I am quite confused on how the new exam system would be like going forwards. I find the exam development section in the IFoA website vague and not specific. It is ironic since they are expecting us to be not vague and specific but they do the opposite, anyway.

I am not sure if anyone had a look at the FAQ document or to the exam development section but when I did I was confused. If anyone wants to discuss it that would be deeply appreciated. I would need to book my new exams for next sitting soon but I want first to clarify the new exam system.

Thank you in advance for anyone reading this or interested for a discussion. It won't take long I believe.

Kind regards,
    Andreas Petridis

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

3. andrewpet

andrewpet Keen member

Hello Admin,
    Many thanks for coming back to me. Yes I have seen this. There is basically one more sitting to go until April 2024, the Sep 2023 one so it is around the corner. Does this mean that if it goes live, it will only be for CB1 and CB2 subjects for now?
    Unless I am missing something else?

4. Admin

Yes that's their plan. (If it's not deferred again) the new exam platform (software) will probably be used for lots of the exams but it's only CB1&2 where the assessment method is due to change to OBA. Other subjects may follow later.

5. andrewpet

andrewpet Keen member

Will we know the exact exams the new exam platform will be used for? As far as I am concerned, CB1&2 will change their format to OBA and hence answered through the new system but there is no indication for other exams.

6. Admin

https://actuaries.org.uk/qualify/my-exams/exam-developments/exam-developments-faqs/

We have taken the decision to delay the introduction of the new exam system while we continue to thoroughly test that it is ready to support our exams and our candidates.

This means that we will deliver all IFoA exams on our current platform in their traditional format in September 2023.

We aim to launch all subjects on the new system in April 2024, excluding Actuarial Statistics (CS), Actuarial Mathematics (CM), Modelling Practice (CP2), and Communications Practice (CP3), which will be delivered on our existing examination system.