New CT6 Syllabus

Discussion in 'CT6' started by tatos, Oct 13, 2009.

1. tatos

tatos Member

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone has compared the new CT6 syllabus (for 2010 exams) to the current one. The Institute and Faculty's site says there are a large number of differences in the core reading, if I am not mistaken.

I purchased the notes for 2009 but have not even touched them yet and so it's just REALLY disappointing if I have to purchase a whole new of notes at my own expense :( . I was hoping that it would still be possible to use the old notes? Are the changes so great that it would leave you lacking important information and CT6 knowledge. Would appreciate advice from anyone..

2. Cardano

Cardano Member

The cost of a second set of notes is about 50-55 quid. This compares with the 200 odd hours you'll need to put in to revise. If you have any doubts about the extent of the changes, invest the money!

3. mattt78

mattt78 Member

new CT6

i'd also be very interested to know about the extent of any changes - does anyone know which bits are being changed? which chapters ideally?

4. tatos

tatos Member

5. You can also download the CMP upgrade which will show the extent of the changes from the 2009 to the 2010 notes.

6. mattt78

mattt78 Member

new ct6

if you just need the CMP download, what is the £55 for new notes Cardano was referring to?

Is this just the cost of a new set of notes which already reflect the changes, so you don't have to filter through the CMP download?

7. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Yup essentially.

Thought the CMP upgrade only details the changes that will seriously affect students understanding. So minor changes or extra questions, etc won't be detailed in there.

8. tatos

tatos Member

CMP Upgrade- Anyone know the

Hi John Lee

Do you (or anyone for that matter) know the link where we can download this CMP upgrade? Or perhaps a site we can visit and then search for the CMP Upgrade download?

Thanks v much!

9. mattt78

mattt78 Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2009
  10. tatos

tatos Member

Thanks very much Mattt78! appreciate it..