Momentum Conference 2015

Discussion in 'Careers' started by Marzipan, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Marzipan

Marzipan Member

Has anyone been to the Momentum Conference before (or other similar event)? Could you recommend it? I am a nearly qualified actuary, but on a career break which means I would have to fund it myself, and am unsure as to whether it would be a worthwhile investment. If you have attended, did you find it beneficial for your career, and if so, in what way?

2. bystander

bystander Member

I was once on the organising committee prior to the name change so a while ago but happy to give my take on it. This conference is great for those at your stage. You would find say the life conference or its equivalent overwhelming. This conference will be a great opportunity to reconnect. When you have a break, your name diminishes but getting yourself into the mix like this shows you are really serious. You may not have totally decided on your field too so doing a mix of sessions can help firm up your career choice. Do it! I have breaks and self funded conferences and not regretted it. Many conferences now offer just 1 day attendance too so that could be worth investigating if relevant here. If you need them, CPD points too.

3. Marzipan

Marzipan Member

Many thanks for your encouraging feedback. I'll look forward to meeting lots of people and building on my knowledge and skills.

4. bystander

bystander Member

Just wondered how you found the event Marzipan. Hope you found it useful

5. Marzipan

Marzipan Member

I enjoyed it very much. The topics covered were interesting and varied, and it was good to meet lots of other students/actuaries from different backgrounds.