Modelling poker decisions

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by entact, Jun 21, 2014.

1. entact

entact Member

Hi

I am trying to model the decision by a poker player in a 6 players sit & go tournament. The decisions include: (fold,call,raise(1BB),raise(2BB),Raise(3BB),Raise(ALL-IN). The factors that influence the outcome will include:

Hole cards
    Position in game i.e. button, BB
    Chips
    Blinds
    Stage in game

My data will look something like this
    Hand Hole Cards Chips Blinds fold call raise(1BB) Raise(2BB) Raise(3BB)
    1 (1,44) 500 10/20 1 0 0 0 0
    2 (6,7) 0 10/20 0 1 0 0 0
    3 (12,33) 200 10/20 0 1 0 0 0

Can anyone advise on the best way to mode this, or any good resources on the subject? It's been a while since I've done CT6.

Thanks

2. Rambler

Rambler Member

Hi

I haven't a clue how to answer your question and don't want to be negative but I'm sure that you know there are already plenty of poker games on the net, so are you trying to reinvent the wheel?!

Of course, it may be that you want to do this purely for your own satisfaction, in which case good luck!

Let us know how you get on.

3. Calum

Calum Member

They key in most tasks of this kind is to work out the best way to represent the data. My approach to this would be to create an object-oriented class that represents the state of the game at any given moment; it would presumably require various other classes to represent individual elements such as hands, card stacks, etc. I suspect that once you create this, the answer to your question will become pretty obvious to you.

4. mpyan1

mpyan1 Member

Why re-invent the wheel? Buy a poker book, such as the Harrington books. They will recommend a tight-aggressive strategy. As tournament goes on and blinds go up, then it's less tight (obviously).