Modelling issues

Discussion in 'CA2' started by MindFull, May 9, 2016.

1. MindFull

MindFull Ton up Member

Hi All,
    Pretty sure I've just failed CA2 for the second time and I think my main issue is modelling. For the models that require knowledge of the CTs, I stumble quite a bit since it's been a while since I've done the CT's. Now I know the Audit trail is more important, but it's only about 10 marks more than the model. Any tips on getting better at models?

Regards.

2. soopenk

soopenk Member

Hey, how were you for time? I felt quite time pressured.

3. Sarah Byrne

Sarah Byrne ActEd Tutor Staff Member

JamaicanJem - I know it's hard but try not to panic about what happened in Paper 1. It is quite possible to still pass the exam with a good attempt at Paper 2 so concentrate your efforts on this for now. If you need to, think about how to improve for a future sitting later. Good luck for tomorrow!

4. MindFull

MindFull Ton up Member

Thanks much Sarah! soopenk I was VERY time pressured. Spent too long on my model... again.

5. JamaicanJem- i believe if you do well in Paper 2, you have a chance. I recently passed the February sitting but my Paper 1 was a total nightmare and had lost all hope of a pass. But paper 2 i knew i did very well as it was my strength despite the technical glitches during the sitting. At work i hardly create any new models, but mainly edit existing models and write reports, hence i found paper 2 easier.
    Cant wait to see the examiner report for paper 1.o_O

6. jamjam

jamjam Member

They also say on the Examiner's Report that the model solutions are more than they expect we can do in 3 hours, which is a bit frustrating (give us a possible task!) but also good to know they don't expect it to be quite as perfect as the solutions (that's how I've interpreted it anyway).

7. Albaluna

Albaluna Member

I feel the same as JamaicaJem - I have loads of post it notes covering my desk saying "FOCUS ON AUDIT TRAIL!" but in reality I feel like I can't write up a decent audit trail without a good model to talk about. I'm also worried about yesterday's paper but as the advice says, we just need to move on and make sure we do well in paper 2.

Also, did anybody know that you could upload your files after 12.15pm (as long as they were last modified before then)? I didn't know this, and cut my exam time short by 5 minutes as I was terrified of missing the upload timer that was counting down on the website. The email from the exams team following paper 1 in the afternoon made me realise I could have used a further 5 minutes, which was disappointing.