Model vs Audit trail

Discussion in 'CA2' started by Hiral, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Hiral

Hiral Member

Hi,

If I run out of time and my model is half complete, is it best to still write about these steps in the audit trail to get to the answers to the questions? E.g. If I am aware of what I need to do to complete the final steps, is it best to include these? Or is it best to ignore the requests I wasn't able to answer and focus the audit trail on what the model is currently doing?

Thanks
    H

2. ntickner

ntickner Very Active Member

Don't run out of time! Plan and practice!

But if you do... focus on the areas that will get you the most marks.
    1. Get your model working first, before making it pretty.
    2. Get your audit trail to describe what you've done before adding in things like the overview.
    3. Ensure your audit trail covers everything in bare-bones (bullet points, for example) before going back at the end and putting a bit more meat on it.

3. ntickner

ntickner Very Active Member

Just realised I didn't answer the original question.

But the answer is no - you get marks in the audit trail for describing what the model does. If the audit is out of line with the model, you'll a) not get marks for the extra bit and b) will probably annoy the examiner. Rather spend the time somewhere else (like doing those extra steps in the model, which you will get marks for even if they're not described in the audit trail).