Mock A, Sept 2019

Discussion in 'CS2' started by N_Exam, Sep 9, 2019.

1. N_Exam

N_Exam Very Active Member

Hi everyone and ACtEd Tutors,

I have a couple of questions about the ActEd Mock A exam for the Sept 2019 Sitting.

Question 1) Mock A Question 7) ii)
    The questions says "groups of visitors" so I only considered cases where more than 1 person entered the shop and ignored all individual people (e.g. old man who was censored) . However the model solution considers groups and individuals entering shop. Is there something I've missed in the wording of the question?

Question 2) Mock A Question 3)
    We're using values from Predictions (not Actual results). Is this because with Machine Learning we are testing what the "Machine" (e.g. algorithm, formulae etc.) predicts what the result will be?

Thank you for answering.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  2. Andrew Martin

Andrew Martin ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hello

Question 1:

The opening paragraph does say "an individual tourist or a party of tourists". The question does say "party of visitors" rather than "group of visitors". I guess the wording could be made clearer - however you can have a party of one.

Question 2:

I'm not sure I follow your question, we use both the actual outcomes and predicted outcomes (as per the table). The predicted outcomes gives us the nodes (i.e. the groups predicted as Sale or No Sale) and we use the actual outcomes to calculate the "purity" of these nodes.

Andy

3. N_Exam

N_Exam Very Active Member

Thank you Andy