May 2011 Results

Discussion in 'India' started by Oxymoron, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

Link

I can't believe no one has passed CT3 and only 2 have passed CT6. The results get funnier by the window. :eek:

I've cleared both CT4 and CT8 thankfully. ST6 is up next.

2. DevonMatthews

DevonMatthews Member

How can not one candidate from 626 pass? Must be extremely poorly prepared candidates or pass mark must be ridiculously high because the exams weren't really difficult at all.

3. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

I'm pretty interested in knowing how these papers are evaluated? Is it based on a clear pass mark cut off or does some other subjective factor come into play? :confused:

4. DevonMatthews

DevonMatthews Member

well its obvious that the results aren't standardised thats for sure.

im wondering if india has different entry requirements for joining the profession in the first place. maybe this might go some way to explaining the low pass rates when compared with other institutes. i find it impossible to believe that anyone who has made a solid preparation can't make a reasonable attempt and earn a pass on any given exam given that it is marked fairly and the exam is set within the syllabus.

5. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

The entry requirements here are probably on par with other actuarial institutes. I think it has more to do with the Indian education system in general. The actuarial exams sort of require more than just rote learning, acceptance of the material, and a quite a bit of intuition. This is markedly different from most university exams here, where overclocking brain to a higher frequency on red bull cooling for short durations isn't really required. Probably explains why I peed all over the university papers but am doing ok with the actuarial papers.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  6. DevonMatthews

DevonMatthews Member

This would make some sense.. I would estimate exams in the CT series to be up to a level 5 on blooms scale, the kind of uni subjects you speak of are a level 1 or 2 if that, it's a big jump from 2 to 5.

7. manish_rex

manish_rex Member

Hi, the CT 3 paper was tough , going by the standard of questions set in the study material. Moreover, it is generally being observed that for CT3 , the pass rate has dropped since some time. Even last November exam saw a pass rate of 5% only.

Neways, I cleared two papers n one go - CT4 and CT2 :D

8. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

Just checked the blooms scale rating and a level 2 EXACTLY sums it up.