Marking

Discussion in 'SP8' started by code9063, Apr 6, 2015.

1. code9063

code9063 Member

Hi,

I was doing some past papers and wondered how much a bullet point is worth in questions that require generation of a lot of ideas.

For example, in the April 2014 examiner's report the question 1 has over 10 bullet points. Is it right to assume that each point is worth 1/2 point?

In general I am confused as to how much I am supposed to wright. I understand that answers need to be concise. But it depends on whether you give a point or half a point for a key word.

2. tiger

tiger Member

Worth doing a mock or x series, if you haven't done so already and if there's enough time left...

3. Rambler

Rambler Member

They probably don't make any reduction for the incorrect spelling of one word! Hint- have another look at your final paragraph.

4. tojyouso

tojyouso Member

Mocks are due today I believe so not really an option if he/she hasn't already submitted.

However based on my experience the marks can vary, they can be worth as little as a quarter a point! Usually the way the question is worded will give you a hint eg 'Describe' vs 'List' but sometimes it's not clear.

Also it can vary within a question with more important and relevant points gaining more marks than the less important ones.

I must say, I haven't marked any papers and these are just assumptions I use based on info from tutorials etc