March 29th

Discussion in 'SP6' started by ChrisR, Mar 23, 2006.

1. ChrisR

ChrisR Member

So, turns out the exam is next Wednesday, not next Thursday as I had written in my calendar... Glad I read my entry permit ahead of Thursday morning!!

Seriously though - has everyone else got it down as the 29th? Admittedly, it does say it in all the Institute online material, but I don't trust those shifty Institure characters - they'll do anything to stop you passing ST6!!!

Anyway, that's enough paranoia for one day.

C

2. mtm

mtm Member

Hey Chris

Wednesday, 29th March PM. How's everyone feeling?...

3. Gareth

Gareth Member

i feel ok about it, my only worry is that they will come up with some impossible question from a section of Hull that I haven't done...

Notice how Q5 from Sept2005 comes directly from the notes in Hull. If you had read that example you would have got it, if not, unlikely.

4. I reckon the only certainty about the paper is that we'll all be on here moaning about it afterwards! :confused:

Given that the Chief Examiner for ST6 and Staff Actuary are the same this year as last year, and that they seem to have no qualms about 25% (or lower) pass rates, I have low expectations for the paper. The Institute's "encouragement" to read Hull etc. makes me think that again the examiners will pay little attention to the specified Core Reading but instead rely on Hull and then some random pieces of knowledge from thin air just in case people have read Hull.

Do you think the number of takers will be lower than last time's 203?