Likely Questions for April 06?

Discussion in 'CT2' started by nish44, Apr 2, 2006.

1. nish44

nish44 Member

Right folks, who's good a predicting exam questions?

I trying to figure out what is likely to come up on the CT2 exam on thursday. There wont be a trial balance because there was one last time. An accounting ratios question maybe? :confused:

2. wossname

wossname Member

Whoops. Bang goes the theory questions don't come up 2 years running.

3. nish44

nish44 Member

Too true!!!!

Lesson learned.

4. Dha

Dha Member

I found the paper challenging, but fair. The accounts questions was obviously fine. Very little straight bookwork, and in the other long question I struggled to make a lot of points. All in all, I thought it was ok though.
    What did everyone else think?

5. Stevie

Stevie Member

How did you deal with cash in the balance sheet? There was no information on cash, debtors or creditors at the start of the year so I wasn't sure what to do

I also struggled to make many points for the other long question but other than that I agree it was Ok

6. Dha

Dha Member

I didn't think there was any cash? The company had a bank overdraft. Why would you need info on the creditors and debtors from the beginning of the year?

Part (ii) of the other question was especially difficult to write about; 7 marks seems a lot. It'll be interesting to read to examiners report.

7. Stevie

Stevie Member

Of course, the overdraft, that old chestnut

For the 7 marks I guess there'd be one or two for relating the points made to the situation in the question, they seem to like that sort of thing

8. Dha

Dha Member

Well the question did seem to be quite clear that they were talking about investment strategies in general, not particularly the one in the question. That's how I interpreted it anyways.