Lethargy

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by OneLastTheorem, Mar 24, 2007.

1. So we've got 3/4 weeks to go and I should be ramping up the study, but instead I've gone totally off it. The house is spotless, dinner smells fabulous and I've sorted all of my bills.

Please, will someone remind me why I'm doing these exams? :confused:

2. I know the feeling - even the most mundane TV programmes suddenly seem so interesting.

3. Fiasco

Fiasco Member

When I was studying and getting bored, I always tried to do things that are not too intensive but still study related.

For example:
    - read/expand on chapter summaries
    - make/organise own memory cards
    - organise past exam questions by topic
    - plan your study - a bit depressing as you will find out there is always more study you can do!

Back to the question as to why would someone want to sit these exams, I guess everyone does it for his/her own reasons. For me, it's about being free to do other things and not having the unfinished business of having to sit an actuarial exam. I could see no good choice for me other than to qualify as I was too old/lazy to give up my actuarial career.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2007
  4. I'm cured!!!!!!!

After a weekend of not doing much (playstation, Chinese takeaway, beer) I've found the will to carry on!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your study everyone. :D

5. I feel just the opposite at the moment. After a weekend of intense study, I've lost the will to carry on! Coming in to work today was actually a welcome break from the study.