length of ct5 papers

Discussion in 'CT5' started by Polz87, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Polz87

Polz87 Keen member

Do any of you guys actually ever finish the past papers properly within 3 hours? I find them too long and that they would take me 4 hours to complete. Doing the paper backwards or at least the last 3 questions first seems to be the best strategy...

2. Missannuity

Missannuity Member

I find them ridiculously long too. I haven't timed myself, but I'm pretty sure doing it in 3 hours would be impossible for me! :(

3. bystander

bystander Member

Later qns often carry more marks but try to do those that absorb most calculation time first and carry relatively high marks.

If its a wordy qn, write succinctly. Don't overelaborate given available marks and don't repeat yourself.

If you have a qn split into parts and you get stuck, missing a part and moving to a new qn could be a better use of time so you can pick up marks on all qns.
    My theory there is if you miss an entire qn and are on the borderline pile, it puts doubts on your alround subject knowledge. Did you miss it because you hadn;t learned that bit and so you don't get upgraded to the pass pile.