Last Minute Tips

Discussion in 'CA1' started by Prosper Matiashe, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Good Day,

Looking for any last minute tips before the exam on Monday. What would be the key areas to fine-tune or subject areas that should be given key priority.
    At the moment I'm finishing off exam papers and cramming core readings for the standard bookwork.

2. Mark Willder

Mark Willder ActEd Tutor Staff Member

It sounds like you've been doing exactly the right thing. :) The key things to focus on are learning the Core Reading and practising exam questions.

As CA1 is examined over two papers, the examiners have the opportunity to cover a wide range of different topics. So you should spread your time over all the material, rather than focusing on particular parts.

Hopefully there are now some topics that you feel you know pretty well, and you can perhaps leave these topics now. So I'd now focus on the topics that you feel least sure about. For example, if you worked in life insurance, then you could perhaps focus more on benefit schemes and general insurance for the last few days.

Good luck with the exams.

Mark

3. Thank you very much Mark. I work for a life and health reinsurer so as you said, benefit schemes and general insurance have been the problem areas. Hope I can improve on them in the remaining days.