Last days before exam

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Jinnentonix, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Jinnentonix

Jinnentonix Member

Hi everyone

It's pretty close to my CT2 exam now and would like some more guidance as to how to best use my study time. I have covered all the Q&A bank, the X Assignments, the 3 mock exams and 5 past papers.

On the basis that I have 7 full days before the exam to study, what would be the best way to go forward? My current approach is:

1. Days 1-5:
    Morning (3.5 hours): Complete one past paper under exam conditions
    Afternoon (1.5 hours): Mark paper and reinforce study notes
    Evening (1.5 hours): Revision of topics not covered in the past paper done that day

2. Day 6:
    Morning (2 hours): Revise Part 1 through basic self-testing test and recall and enhancing notes from insights.
    Afternoon (2 hours): Revise Part 2 (same method as above).
    Evening (2 hours): Revise Part 3 (same method as above).

3. Day 7:
    Morning (2 hours): Revise Part 4 (same method as above).
    Afternoon (2 hours): Revise anything which is particularly difficult to remember.
    Evening: Stop studying and rest up.

Of course everyone will have different methods of study but I would like to ask:

1. Is the revision in the evening session an appropriate step or should I do another section of a past paper? On that basis, I could squeeze another 2 past papers. However, in doing so, I may be sacrificing easy marks on recall questions which I would have answered better had I revised instead of doing past papers.
    2. What is the merit of studying on the last day before the exam? What do you typically do?

Thanks for any tips!