Lack of confidence

Discussion in 'CT6' started by Avantgarde, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Avantgarde

Avantgarde Member

Just 12 days are remaining in the exam and I am still not confident enough to sit for the exam..

Actually the reason for this lack of confidence are PAST EXAM PAPERS.. I am doing them under exam conditions and found some of them impossibly tough.. I am wondering whether I am the only one facing difficulties or is it usual.. Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Thanks..!

2. Busy_Bee4422

Busy_Bee4422 Ton up Member

The objective of the past paper practice is to reveal one's short falls. It is indeed deflating when the weaknesses exposed seem to make the task look hopeless. But this is not mission impossible. Ultimately the performance on the exam days is what matters. Work on those weaknesses being revealed. Don't lose heart yet.

Best wishes

3. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Some papers are harder - though this should be reflected in a lower pass mark required to ensure fairness to candidates. Notable examples being A06 and S07. However, this might not always be enough...hence pass rates of 39% and 44% respectively.

4. bystander

bystander Member

Just remember not to panic. As already said the difficulty can vary. So stay calm and work methodically. If you find a question bogging you down, leave lots of space to come back to it and make sure you have a good audit trail. If you have this, then you may be picking up method marks.

Do check to see if its the same topic that trips you up. If so, put loads of last minute work into the area.

5. Avantgarde

Avantgarde Member

Thank you for your reply..

We note that exams after 2007 (that are, april 08, sept 08 and april 09) have become relatively easier as compared to sittings before that (especially the two which you have mentioned were really horrible).. Is it a prediction that they have made it relatively easier in order to bring up the pass rate to a reasonable level..?? Or should we not pay attention to such observations as the could lead us to wrong expectations..??

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009
  6. bystander

bystander Member

Don't make predictions... look at at this way, if you can handle the more difficult pass papers you are probably in the higher calibre of students now sitting. that doesn't mean be complacent but have the assurance you can tackle harder qns should they arise.

Its this hurdle that is important. Do all you can to clear it and don't make comparisons.