Just failed ca2

Discussion in 'CA2' started by Actuarial Trainee, Feb 11, 2016.

1. I just found out I failed ca2 and just been on the website to look to book the retake and it says the May exam is fully booked. This is my last exam so it's frustrating this is going to set me back by almost a year ( if I pass it next time).

2. Retrieva

Retrieva Active Member

I feel you. I just found out I failed it too and for the life of me, I can't understand what I did that made me fail it when it was my best exam last year and I passed the others. I feel like I've been through a hazing.

3. LastHurdles

LastHurdles Member

I have just found out i failed again!!! How do you know all the May CA2 exams are filled? I logged into my account and it doesnt even allow me to select the September sitting!

4. I downloaded the form from the website. It's an online exam so it's frustrating it's full! It's such a long wait each time for results when you have nothing else to study.

This was my first attempt and timing wasn't great for personal reasons. Does anyone know when fail grades get released?

5. I'm the same, I passed three other exams (ca3, st9 and an sa) this year all first time. It wasn't my best exam but I definitely wasn't expecting the fail grade I got.
    Failing feels horrible and the extra wait til September to sit and then end of December for results just makes it even worse.

6. bystander

bystander Member

Couple of things. At least you didn't fail alone and others are offering commiserations. Don't think of it as holding you back. You will qualify and in the meantime you go on learning in your job. There's nothing magical that happens when you convert to FIA. It's just a psychological hurdle and perhaps a welcome pay rise. So take a deep breath and reflect on what went wrong. If you really don't know, go for the counselling. That is something useful you can do before resitting. Take on board what is said and be open minded. Grades appear on your login pretty quickly.