Judgment Day

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Infinity, Feb 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. almost_there

almost_there Member

It's worth waiting for dmck...

2. Infinity

Infinity Member

Perhaps the IFoA will publish it in their propaganda periodical - email them and ask them.

almost_there likes this.
  3. dmck

dmck Member

Nothing to substantiate the claims you are making. I don't understand why you'd post fairly cryptic claims without giving any real substance.

4. Infinity

Infinity Member

it’s the IFoA’s duty to inform you. Not mine

almost_there likes this.
  5. dmck

dmck Member

You're posting claims on a forum that I've read and I'm interested to hear what they are. If there's nothing publicly available to substantiate your claims then that that is also informative.

6. Infinity

Infinity Member

There is something available. I can assure you. I unfortunately have to leave it to the IFoA to inform you. It’s not in my remit to disclose to you

7. Infinity

Infinity Member

Still no comment from the IFoA. It’s surprising since they send me junk mail on a daily basis. Why has this important news not been disclosed??

8. Tarbuck

Tarbuck Member

Much like the movie this judgment day fails to deliver and far too similar to the infinity -1 posts in this ongoing spam franchise. I award 0.5 out of 5 stars.

Camdown likes this.
  9. Infinity

Infinity Member

Tarbuck. You work for the IFoA or Acted don’t you? Have they not even communicated internally?

10. Tarbuck

Tarbuck Member

Surprisingly no, there is no conspiracy, we're not all IFOA moles, the twin towers weren't bombed by the USA government and we did land on the moon. I am a student member who has passed exams but not finished PPD working for an insurance company.

Sorry for a boring answer. Well, it was mildly more exciting than judgment day I guess.

11. mavvj

mavvj Ton up Member

This is my guess. A claim has been made against the IFoA for a refund for exam fees for exams that are "lost" when transfering to the new system. For example CT1 lost if haven't passed CT5. However if such a claim exists and has been successful, I assume that the IFoA do not have to publicise the fact.

12. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Users are kindly reminded to follow the forum rules and guidelines, infractions will be given where these are not followed.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  13. almost_there

almost_there Member

Dear Acted,
    Please reinstate Infinity as there are details to be uploaded that members deserve to know.

14. Tarbuck

Tarbuck Member

He's the hero that we don't deserve but the hero that we need right now. Or something. Could they not give it to you to share?

its a shame they couldn't manage to convey anything in their squillion other posts to be honest. If at the squillion and 1th time of asking they actually have something new and important to say then that is genuinely sad but there is an element of the boy who spammed "wolf" if so.

15. almost_there

almost_there Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2019
  16. almost_there

almost_there Member

As far as we know, there are no sackings or resignations from IFoA Executive, leadership or Council yet... will be keeping a close on the situation.

17. dmck

dmck Member

Sorry, I think that's an appalling post. The judgment hasn't even been published in full in a public place. I'm sure the IFoA will review the judgment and take appropriate action, if it is required. Seems to relate to a very niche set of circumstances.

I look forward to reading the judgment in fulled when published. Let's be careful to not jump the gun.

I hope they are happy with the outcome and that it allows them to move on to sit exams/move on with their life.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2019
  18. almost_there

almost_there Member

You can call my post appalling all day long while neglecting to criticise an organisation who's been done for racial discrimination...

"I'm sure the IFoA will review the judgment and take appropriate action, if it is required."

I hope so too. They failed to take appropriate action about the discrimination they've been done for.

Null likes this.
  19. almost_there

almost_there Member

Excerpts of the Judgment are now also being added on this link. Acted is referred to several times in the Judgment.
    https://imgur.com/a/KoSLKRP

Null likes this.
  20. lotstodo

lotstodo Member

Confused! Why post this and then start revealing bits using actuaryleaks101 on Outpost. Why not just post the whole thing so people can comment objectively. Presumably it will be published somewhere soon anyway?? If the issues are sorted, will there be a rush of Brits taking the IAI exams? Their pass rates aren't great. But anything to shorten qualification times I guess!

21. almost_there

almost_there Member

I hear allegations to try and deflect attention away from the fact IFoA have been done for racial discrimination by a Court. Every British student has been discriminated against for many years in only having 2 opportunities and not 4, courtesy of IFoA's discriminatory 'understanding' with IAI.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.