Jobs

Discussion in 'India' started by kartik_newpro, Jul 7, 2011.

1. kartik_newpro

kartik_newpro Member

Hey friends,

I have been looking into various threads in this forum and have come across lot of career related threads where in other countries (UK, US, NZ) students get into actuarial fields even without appearing a single paper, for experience. But why isnt such jobs offered in India?

Basically I come from a non - mathematical background. So I cannot expect to complete the course as quickly as some of you out there. So if I am able to get into an actuarial related job, it might help me reach qualification much quicker. Since I can expect to get some help from senior actuaries at the work place.

I have not come across any but is there any such jobs offered anywhere in India?

And another thing, Stats say there are close to 250 qualified Indian actuaries. THEN WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND THEM??? I am yet to appear an exam and find it a little difficult to study everything on my own owing to my non - mathematical background. So I am looking for an student actuary who has passed a fair number of exams and can help me solve my doubts.

Is there anyone from Mumbai who can help me a little. I do not need any coaching but someone to clear my doubts (especially stupid doubts!)?? Thanks a lot.

Eagerly waiting for reply.

2. manish_rex

manish_rex Member

Hi,

Lack of mathematical background is not as big a problem as apptitude for maths. In this course, emphasis is more on application of the topics covered , and math is not very difficult to follow.

I have been writing the papers for some time, and am also not from any formal maths background. If you feel any doubts, can ask me or any other forum member.