IT issues...

Discussion in 'CA3' started by pma99car, Sep 16, 2015.

1. pma99car

pma99car Keen member

Has anyone else had webcam / audio issues?

For my first attempt at CA3 my self evaluation presentation recorded fine, and I got the all clear from the institute that my equipment was working. When it came to the actual exam I had to submit my attempt twice, as my first submission had audio that was out of sync with the video. Lots of faffing around during the exam, reinstalling the institutes software and messing with windows drivers, I was finally able to upload a usable presentation.

I'm now resitting after receiving an FA for that attempt. In an attempt to avoid similar issues this time round I've used another laptop (with different webcam), but during my equipment checks I'm having exactly the same issues as last time.

What is infuriating is that my webcam and microphone work perfectly well on both PCs in every other application (Skype, online recording etc).

Is this problem widespread, or am I just unlucky?!

2. tiger

tiger Member

sounds like you were unlucky.
    Did you do some practice presentations in the weeks before, and as part of the exam?
    How was the recording & playback for those?

3. DanielZ

DanielZ Member

I also had issues, while recording my test presentation, with video getting out of sync with audio.

I tried again with a medium quality rather than high quality recording and that seemed to sort the issue out.