is the time enough

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by alankrita, Jul 27, 2006.

1. alankrita

alankrita Member

hi i have recently received the study material. i want to give exam in october of two subjects. i study for 6-8 hr daily. i just want to make sure that is it necesarry to submit the assignments or not. and whether i'll be able to give exam in october.will i be able to prepare by then. plz help out

2. kanch

kanch Member

Depends which subjects you have chosen to sit in September.
    I am assuming these are CT subjects in which case you need to have a minimum of 300 hours of study time. Remember this is the minimum and key to CT subjects is practising past exam questions etc!
    If I was you I would go for just one subject and then may be try three next April
    Good Luck

3. Cardano

Cardano Member

The exam dates are 4th -15th September, so you have less time than you think.

4. alankrita

alankrita Member

thanks

thanks for the information but i am doing actuarial science from "Actuarial society of India" and the exam will be on 31 october.and i wish to give exam of only CT3 and CT7. should i give exam of 1 subject. and please tell is it necessary to submit the assignments given with the study material for checking.

5. Erik

Erik Member

Having your assignments marked is quite expensive. You can mark them yourself just as easily. CT3&7 are not that difficult, so if you study hard, you can pass.

Good luck!

6. Cardano

Cardano Member

Apologies Alankrita I assumed you were English

7. avanbuiten

avanbuiten Member

You don't have to submit the assignments if you do not want to.

If you do you will recieve useful feedback on your exam technique and identify area where you need to work harder.
    However, this is not a prequisite to passing the exam which is entirely separate from the study course. So do what you like.

Good luck.

8. hi5

hi5 Member

how do u manage that?

9. alankrita

alankrita Member

i m a student and not a working person so i get this much time to study

10. doublegun

doublegun Member

hi alankrita,

I am also a newcomer but as far as I have read in students handbook, you need on an average 150 hours for one subject. So calulating 7 hours a day 8inlcuding weekends) would make you finish this study material in say 20 days so your done by 20th September. I am not sure how much time does it take to finish the assignments. Personally I would send it but at the same time I will give myself atleast 10 days to revise the study material or relevant portion of the exam.

Hope the information above helps you.

cheers
    Doublegun