Is it UK focused?

Discussion in 'SP9' started by panyuweimin, Mar 28, 2010.

1. panyuweimin

panyuweimin Member

I'm taking the exam in Australia. Will the ST9 exam be UK focused? That means whether there will be questions specifically on UK regulations and risk management framework.

2. Louise

Louise Member

Not particularly. It's more related to the general principles behind ERM. While it does touch on some UK regulations, this doesn't make up a very significant part of the course. US and Canadian regulations are also mentioned (and possibly Australian too).

You would probably need to know some UK case studies, and again some American ones as I think the main book used is either Canadian or American. Most of the course is general theory/mathematics that can be applied anywhere.

3. Esther

Esther Member

I can confirm Louise's reply. Yes, e. g. the Australian best practise Risk Management Standard AS/NZS 4360 is mentioned. Questions sometimes refer to UK case studies, such as a pension fund.

I take the exam in Switzerland, I am a German actuary and my international work has an emphasis on UK topics. To me, the slight UK focus is manageable.