Is it okay to attach the Excel spreadsheet workings file along with Word Document for CM2 Paper A?

Discussion in 'CM2' started by Kriti Gupta, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Kriti Gupta

Kriti Gupta Member

I'm doing a number of calculations in Excel while practicing for CM2 Paper A. I wish to use a similar approach for the exam, but am not sure if can attach the excel spreadsheet along with the Word document answer script (so that the formulas used can be seen by examiner) or can only copy paste from the excel in the word doc (this would not enable the examiner to see formulas used though!).

Request if anyone can guide with this.

Many thanks in advance!

2. Joe Hook

Joe Hook ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Kriti,

For paper A you will be submitting a word document only and for paper B an excel document only.

The institute updated their guidance last week and you are no longer permitted to copy and paste from excel into word. You may use excel as a replacement for your calculator but must otherwise show all of your working in word.

I would recommend regularly visiting the link below in case advice changes again between now and the exam.

https://www.actuaries.org.uk/studying/exam-bookings/exam-dates-2020/exams-faqs

Joe