Is it OK to discuss Friday's CT1 exam yet?

Discussion in 'CT1' started by Oldy-but-Goody, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Just wanted to be sure before I post.....don't want to get in trouble!!

EDIT: I obviously meant Wednesday's exam!!

2. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Go for it!

3. agtaylor

agtaylor Member

No large immunisation question was the worst part for me. Duration was there though, came up twice for quite a few marks.

Otherwise, seemed a fairly narrow paper...

Difficult to tell *crosses fingers*

What did you think John?

4. For me, I was very comfortable on the first 8 questions, but was then horrified to find that the last 2 questions accounted for 45% of the overall mark! Calculating durations etc is probably my weakest area and so was a bit miffed that both these monster questions touched on this. Think I may have haemorrhaged a lot of marks on these 2 questions, just keeping my fingers crossed that I picked up enough from the rest of the paper to compensate.

Did anyone else struggle with these last 2 questions?

It was certainly a bit of a curve ball to throw two such long questions in. One of the past papers in the ASET pack drew a comment that it was an unusual paper for having two 18 mark questions and another medium length one. Obviously we’re meant to be comfortable with the whole course, but such long questions (particularly when both touching on the same thing) do have the potential to lose you a huge number of marks in one go…..just hope that the overall pass grade refects this.

5. agtaylor

agtaylor Member

Yeah, the last two questions being worth so many marks did throw me too. And they weren't on the type of thing that I was expecting large questions on anyway!

6. Slumpy

Slumpy Member

I thought the last question was a bit odd. Lots of marks, but it was more like 3-4 small questions than actually 1 long one, to my mind.

Didn't think there were many questions with 'tricks' to them, as often there have been, so in that respect, fairly straightforward, but a bit unusual.

Edit- oh yeah, 7 marks for market segmentation? Laame!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2012
  7. Good luck guys!

result is gonna out in one day.

8. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

How did you all do?