Ireland on Tour

Discussion in 'SP1' started by LouiseF, Jan 17, 2006.

1. LouiseF

LouiseF Member

Hi All,

As there is no ST1 tutorial in Dublin this year, I'm being shipped off to London. I'm going to a tutorial in Kings Cross on the 27th Feb to 1st March. I was wondering if any other Irish students were going over? It might be fun if there's going to be a gang there that I know. Though I'm sure tutorials are not an excuse to kick pack and party!!

It'll be the first tutorial I've gone too in England (though will be closely followed by an ST3 Tutorial in Birmingham on the 7th of March!!!). I'm looking for a hotel to stay in. Does anyone from Ireland have a hotel booked, or does anyone at all know a good hotel I can stay in near Kings Cross? (work's paying ;) )

Louise

2. Sauny Bean

Sauny Bean Member

Kings Cross is not the nicest part of London - I'd go a bit more central, or several miles out if you can. A couple of stops on the bus or tube will be well worth it. However, in much of London you can spend a lot of money and still get a box room and no breakfast. If you can, go for a heavily discounted 4 or 5 star hotel (with a bar after all that study!) - try Laterooms.com - you can see the rooms / interiors of most. You could also keep it Irish and go for Jury's.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2006