Invigilated on the tube!!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Leila, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Leila

Leila Member

I have had a rough time of it lately - my father has been seriously ill, which would be worrying at the best of times, but just before exams is, well I'm sure you can imagine...
    So I was feeling pretty delicate on my way to the exam today.
    As I was coming out of the tube someone barged into me so I moved to one side, at which point a man screeched (literally it was a godawful noise) at the top of his voice and started shouting about me getting in his way.
    I felt like telling him how I was worried about my dad and had an exam and to leave me alone. However, I chose to maintain my dignity and ignore him.

IMAGINE MY SURPRISE WHEN THIS MAN WAS THEN INVIGILATING IN MY EXAM!!! It made me so proud of my chosen profession, not (and reminded me never to get tube rage in the city as it could well be a client)!!

2. fiend

fiend Member

I would of probably started laughing in the exam hall if that had happened to me but I am not sure if I could of maintained my silence if he screeched at me after barging into me.

Hope your dad gets better soon.

3. alskling

alskling Member

Hi Leila

Really sorry to hear about your Dad.

Did you say anything to the invigilator about his behaviour?
    I'm shocked that they'd have someone like that but I guess they don't care.

In Edinburgh we always have really sweet old people invigilating so maybe the London organisers need some tips from the Scots ;)

Hope your exam went ok anyway and your Dad gets better soon x

4. Schnorbitz

Schnorbitz Member

Sorry to hear about your invigilator experience.

Mind you, the seating plan for CA3 at the Croydon centre had two number 25s marked on it!

I think rather fondly of the invigilator in Manchester who always used to read the trashiest type of novels during the exams (the ones with the author's name in big shiny writing on the cover).

Maybe something for The Actuary student page?...