Investigation into possible plagiarism

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Peter90, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Han Wang

Han Wang Member

"...we can release the letters relating to plagiarism this week and the collusion letters will come out a week later."
    Usually it is released on Thursday rather than Friday (like in April, I heard the letter was issued around 5pm on Thursday 16th July). So does it mean IFoA will release the letters relating to plagiarism later today?

2. Greentea

Greentea Active Member

Has anyone not received this email, who usually gets the student newsletters? (I haven't received this email)

3. I have not received an email yet.

4. Actuary25

Actuary25 Made first post

I think some people have it in their spam folder, or else are not signed up to the student newsletter

5. oh yes, found it in the spam folder!

6. Greentea

Greentea Active Member

Mine's not in my spam folder, and I am definitely signed up to them, got the Nov newsletter the other day. Maybe its still en route in cyberspace.

7. Han Wang

Han Wang Member

Did anyone receive the "real" specific letter so far?

8. guys after going through several of the above messages, I can be assured that this email was a generic one, that was send to everyone who has appeared for the sep exams. Wordings of the email were very confusing and it was heart in the mouth movement for me

9. even i was working out and suddenly all the energy automatically got drained!

10. Riya

Riya Member

Has anyone received anything from IFOA today on Plagiarism? It was a heart in mouth moment for me too yesterday as I didn't realise it was a generic email initially. However, that has made me anxious to not receive it today!!

11. Milly

Milly Member

Not heard anything so far but now my heart rate jumps now at the outlook sound

Riya and PG Moehrke like this.
  12. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

I guess 5pm today would be the cutoff for alleged plagarism? Did anyone receive a letter? I read that email as if it was a personal accustation.

13. almost_there

almost_there Member

Causing alarm and distress to so many people is out of order.

14. Milly

Milly Member

Well it’s 5pm..

15. thaikashaikh

thaikashaikh Member

They sent the email on 3rd dec, did they mean this week as up to 10th dec for plagiarism and 17th dec for collusion accusation. But they also mentioned the letter would be dispatched prior to exam results. But results for CB1-2; CM1-2, CS1-2 are on 15th Dec so cant be right.

Hemant Rupani likes this.
  16. N93

N93 Member

No email so far sounds promising, but they do also normally send emails at about 6 (for student newsletter for example)

17. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

This week is the week in question? What do you think? I wouldn't be surprised if there was some error in what they sent. You can be sure if you interpreted something incorrectly it would be a very different matter!

18. PG Moehrke

PG Moehrke Member

My understanding was either Friday the 4th or Sunday the 6th for plagiarism, then Friday the 11th or Sunday the 13th for collusion. They weren't too clear on what the "end of this week" meant so I'm not sure if we were implying it will come out today or Sunday.

19. N93

N93 Member

This is starting to feel like GCSE English, someone clearly needs to start a thread going through each line of the IFoA's email and try to interpret what they could mean

20. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

They don't work on Sunday I hope but yep you could be right also.

21. Milly

Milly Member

Here’s to hoping they finish before 6 on Fridays haha